Application of a combination of the resorbabl collagen membrane and the demineralized bone material in the technique of immediate dental implantation in conditions of a defect in the outer wall of the socket
Stomatov D.V.1, Stomatov A.V.1, Efimov Yu.V.2, Avanesyan N.A.1, Tachukova E.P.1, Nizhadasl S.M.1
1 Medical Institute of Penza State University
Russia, 440026, Penza, Lermontov St., 3-10
2 Volgograd State Medical University,
Russia, 400131, Volgograd, Pavshikh Bortsov Sq., 1
E-mail address: email@example.com
Achieving the aesthetic result of prosthetics of the frontal group of the teeth of the maxilla in a short period of rehabilitation requires the use of the technique of immediate dental implantation in combination with elements of tissue plastic.
This article presents a successful experience of using a resorbable collagen membrane and demineralized bone material in the immediate implantation technique in order to restore the outer alveolar wall of the socket. The results obtained clinically and by the method of 3D computed tomography after 3, 6, 12 months confirm the positive dynamics of the restoration of the volume of the alveolar contour.
The stages of dental implantation in conditions of a defect in the outer wall of the socket with the use of a collagen membrane and osteoplastic material are described in detail.
Keywords: resorbable membrane, demineralized bone, immediate implantation, buccal wall.
For citation: Stomatov D.V., Stomatov A.V., Efimov Yu.V., Avanesyan N.A., Tachukova E.P., Nizhadasl S.M. Application of a combination of the resorbabl collagen membrane and the demineralized bone material in the technique of immediate dental implantation in conditions of a defect in the outer wall of the socket. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2020, no.3(92), 26-29 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2020-3(92)26-29
1. Dogalev A.A., Botasheva V.S., Kholin D.E., Boyko E.M. Dynamics of morphological changes in the tooth socket when using bone replacement materials. Russian Dental Journal. 2013, no.1: 24—26 (In Russian).
2. Kobozev M.I., Balandina M.A., Muraev A.A., Ryabova V.M., Ivanov S.Yu. Preservation of the volume of the alveolar ridge: analysis of the results by cone-beam tomography. Journal of scientific articles Health and education in the XXI century. 2016, 18. no.1: 84—90 (In Russian).
3. Stomatov D.V., Efimov Yu.V., Smolentsev D.V., Nikishin D.V., Stomatova I.A. Clinical application of demineralized osteoplastic material in the preservation of the extraction sockets. Medical alphabet. 2018, 2. no.8(345): 48—50 (In Russian).
4. Efimov Yu.V., Stomatov D.V., Efimova E.Yu., Stomatov A.V., Smolentsev D.V., Dolgova I.V., Kireev P.V. Rationale for the use of the domestic osteoplastic material Bio-Ost in the clinic of surgical dentistry. Medical alphabet. 2019, 2. no.11(386): 11—14 (In Russian).
5. Araujo MG. Lindhe J. Dimensional ridge alterations following tooth extraction. An experimental study in the dog. J Clin Periodontol. 2005, 32(2): 212—218.
6. Howard Gluckman, Jonathan Du Toit Guided bone regeneration using a titanium membrane at implant placement: a case report and literature discussion. J International Dentistry — African edition. 2015, 4, no.6.
7. Kirsten W Slagter, Laurens den Hartog, Nicolaas A Bakker, Arjan Vissink et al. Immediate Placement of Dental Implants in the Esthetic Zone: A Systematic Review and Pooled Analysis. J Periodontol. 2014, Jul., 85(7): 241—250.
8. Mauricio G. Araujo, Cleverson O. Silva, Andre B. Souza, Flavia Sukekava. Socket healing with and without immediate implant placement. J Periodontol 2000. 2019, 79(1): 168-177.
9. Paolantonio M., Dolci M, Scarano A. et al. Immediate implantation in fresh extraction sockets. A controlled clinical and histological study in man. J Periodontol. 2001, 72(U): 1560—1571.
10. Stephen J Chu, Maurice A Salama, David A Garber, Henry Salama et al. Flapless Postextraction Socket Implant Placement, Part 2: The Effects of Bone Grafting and Provisional Restoration on Peri-implant Soft Tissue Height and Thickness- A Retrospective Study. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2015, Nov-Dec 35(6): 803—809.