here is the English version
Variants of the design of the dentition of the anterior segments with a progenic and prognathic ratio of edentulous jaws
Aksyonov D.I., ORCID: 0000-0003-1503-4978, Mayboroda Yu.N., Aksenov I.N.
Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Stavropol State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation.
355017, Russia, Stavropol, 310 Mira str.
Objective: To improve the prosthetic and aesthetic treatment of patients with complete absence of teeth, taking into account the development of an algorithm for determining the size of the sagittal gap of the frontal segments against the background of a progenic or prognathic ratio of the jaws and their combinations.
Methods: A method of mathematical modeling based on digital data of the distance between the tops of the alveolar ridges of the frontal areas of the edentulous jaws has been developed using a designed measuring device.
Results: The results of digital calculations based on the determination of the root-mean-square deviation of the interalveolar lines revealed a different amount of bends and configurations of the interalveolar gaps and median arches common to both parts of the frontal segments. Five main variants of the interalveolar fissure and 26 cases of symmetric or asymmetric arrangement of the tops of the alveolar ridges of the right and left sides were obtained. Accordingly, the divergence angles for each pair in the projection of the missing teeth had their own characteristics, which must be taken into account when deciding on the choice of tooth placement in each specific case. Conclusions: Based on the obtained digital interpolation ratios of the interalveolar lines and the angles of their inclination in relation to the midline, the anterior teeth are placed taking into account the level of the sagittal gap, the parameters of which have different levels of symmetry or asymmetry on the right and left sides.
Keywords: prognathia, progeny, mathematical model, frontal segments of edentulous jaws.
For citation: Aksyonov D.I., Mayboroda Yu.N., Aksenov I.N. Variants of the design of the dentition of the anterior segments with a progenic and prognathic ratio of edentulous jaws. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.3(96): 20-26 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2021-3(96)20-26
1. Abolmasov N.G., Abolmasov M.N., Adaeva I.A. et al. Comparative characteristics of the methods of constructing complete removable dentures, criteria and correction of adaptation processes. Russian Dental Journal. 2010, no.4: 24—29 (In Russian).
2. Aksenov D.I., Mayboroda Yu.N. Anthropometric measuring device. Patent for invention No. 2843801 dated 29.07.2020.
3. Aksenov D.I., Mayboroda Yu.N. Modification of the method for obtaining a functional impression with a toothless lower jaw. Rat. offer. Ud. No. 1328, Stavropol,16.12.2019.
4. Aksenov D.I., Mayboroda Yu.N., Aksenov I.N. Algorithm for constructing artificial dentitions with a progenic and prognatic ratio of the frontal segments of toothless jaws. Modern science: Actual problems of theory and practice. Series of Natural and Technical Sciences, Clinical Medicine. 2021, no.3: 241—248 (In Russian).
5. Badalyan K.Yu., Grigoryants L.A., Ryakhovsky A.N., Karapetyan A.A. Complex preparation of the prosthetic bed in the frontal part of the dentition to obtain an optimal aesthetic result. Clinical dentistry. 2008, no.3: 50—52 (In Russian).
6. Bogatov A.I., Zotov V.Ya., Fedotov V.P. Peculiarities of orthopedic treatment of patients with complete absence of teeth with sharp atrophy of the alveolar processes on the lower jaw. Modern orthopedic dentistry. 2005, no.3: 34—35 (In Russian).
7. Grachev D.I. Improving the effectiveness of orthopedic treatment and the quality of life of patients with complete absence of teeth in the lower jaw: auto-ref. dis. …Candidate of Medical Sciences. Moscow, 2010, 20 p.
8. Gricheshkin S.D., Seredzhi K.G., Gricheshkin M.S. Competent setting of artificial teeth taking into account the analysis of plaster models of toothless jaws. Clinical dentistry. 2014, no.3: 50—52 (In Russian).
9. Dmitrienko S.V., Shkarin V.V., Domenyuk V.A., Davidov B.N. Algorithm for determining the size of artificial teeth by morphometric parameters of the face in people with complete adentia. Dentistry. 2018, no.6: 57—60 (In Russian).
10. Iordanishvili A.K., Veretenko A.K., Balin D.V. Evaluation of the effectiveness of dental rehabilitation of elderly and senile patients with complete loss of teeth. Bulletin of the Russian Military Medical Academy. 2014, no.4: 123—126 (In Russian).
11. Klimashin Yu.N. On the issue of fixing complete removable prostheses on the lower jaw during prosthetics in particularly difficult clinical conditions. Stomatology. 2012, no.2: 51—53 (In Russian).
12. Kovaleva I.A., Abolmasov I.N., Ratnikova S.P. Features of the curation of elderly and senile patients with complete absence of teeth. Russian Dental Journal. 2007, no.4: 28—31 (In Russian).
13. Kolesnikova V.R., Malysheva T.P. “Snap-On-Smile” -innovative technology of prosthetics of teeth. Byull. med. Internet conference. 2018, Vol.8, no.4: 287 (In Russian).
14. Lola D.V., Mayboroda Yu.N., Nazarov A.S. Mathematical methods of constructing dentitions in complete removable prostheses. Bulletin of the North Caucasus Federal University. 2015, no.4(49): 26—32 (in Russian).
15. Savvidi K.G., Savvidi G.L. Some clinical and laboratory features of the prosthetic bed of the toothless lower jaw and the tactics of orthopedic treatment. Dentistry. 2014, no.2: 41—43 (In Russian).
16. Studenikin R.V., Surzhenko E.V., Yelkova N.L. Assessment of the quality of life of patients with complete loss of teeth in various methods of orthopedic treatment. Institute of Dentistry. 2018, no.2: 30 (In Russian).
17. Trezubov V.N., Klimov A.G. Clinical critical assessment of the quality of removable prostheses. Stomatology. 2006, no.6: 62—65 (In Russian).
18. Herber A. The art of removable prosthetics. Part 3. Selection and setting of anterior teeth. New in dentistry. 2015, no.6: 92—96.
19. Amorium V.C.P., Laguna D.V., de Paula Eduardo J.V., Zanetti A.L. Analysis of the condyle/fossa relationship before and after prosthetic rehabilitation with maxillary complete denture and mandibular removable partial denture. J Prosthet Dent. 2003, 89: 508—514.