P.G. Dauge is a scientist, person, personality
Iordanishvili A.K.1, 2, Vasilyeva L.V.1
1 Federal state budgetary military educational institution of higher education «Military Medical Academy named after S.M.Kirov» of the Ministry of defence of the Russian Federation
Russia, 194044, Saint-Petersburg, Ulitsa Akademika Lebedeva, 62 International Academy of Sciences of Ecology, Human Safety and Nature (IASEHS)
199106, St. Petersburg, Bolshoi Av., 74
The study is devoted to the professional and social activities of the outstanding domestic dentist, founder of the still existing journal “Dentistry” (formerly “Odontology”), Honored Worker of Culture of the Latvian SSR, Doctor of Medical Sciences Pavel Georgievich Dauge.
The article presents the life path of P.G. Dauge, noted for his activities as a professional revolutionary, doctor and prominent organizer of dental care in our country. It was emphasized that the professional and social activities of P.G. Dauge was very clearly manifested in the position of head of the dental subsection of the People’s Commissariat of Health of the RSFSR, which he took exclusively on the recommendation of V.I. Lenin. It is noted that it was P.G. Dauge was one of the first Soviet dentists who advocated and strongly recommended that all territorial and departmental health departments carry out planned oral sanitation for children, as well as for some categories of adults. The personal qualities of P.G. Dauge as a person and a citizen.
Keywords: history of dentistry, revolutionary and professional activity of P.G. Dauge, dental subsection of the RSFSR People’s Commissariat of Health, oral cavity sanitation.
For citation: Iordanishvili A.K., Vasilyeva L.V. P.G. Dauge is a scientist, person, personality. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.3(96): 62-64 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2021-3(96)62-64
1. Troyansky G.N., Persin L.S. Brief biographical data and research directions of domestic scientists in the field of dentistry and dentistry. Moscow, 1997, 160 p. (In Russian).
2. Mironenko G.S. Museum of Dentistry of Saint Petersburg. Saint Petersburg: Nordmedizdat, 1998, 288 p. (In Russian).
3. Iordanishvili A.K., Polens A.A. Military Dentistry in Russia. Saint Petersburg: Nordmedizdat, 1998, 54 p. (In Russian).
4. Pashkov K.A., Belolapotkova A.V., Borisenko K.A. Biographies and scientific directions of research of domestic scientists in dentistry and dentistry. Moscow, 2014, 215 p. (In Russian).
5. Dauge PG Philosophy and tactics. Moscow: Izd. P.G. Dauge, 1907 (In Russian).
6. Dauge P.G. Social foundations of Soviet dentistry. Moscow: Gos. med. izd-vo, 1933 (In Russian).
7. Dauge P.G. On the role of dentistry in the general system of modern prevention. Moscow: TSK Medsantrud, 1927 (in Russian).