Prominent Russian maxillofacial surgeon, professor A.A. Kyandsky
Ovechkin E.G., sociologist, archivist, local historian, full member of the Russian Geographical Society
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The study is dedicated to the life path of the Russian maxillofacial surgeon A.A. Kyandsky.
The paper analyzes hard-to-reach literary and archival sources. Identified previously unknown biographical details confirming the deep spiritual connection of A.A. Kyandsky with prominent figures in Russian medicine (N.I. Pirogov, S.P. Botkin) and musical culture (M.A. Balakirev, N.A. Rimsky-Korsakov).
The contribution of A.A. Kyandsky in the establishment and development of maxillofacial surgery in St. Petersburg, his work during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945, when he served as chief dentist of the Leningrad Front, actively participated in the treatment of soldiers who were injured in the maxillofacial region, the defenders of the besieged Leningrad.
Keywords: history, maxillofacial surgery, A.A. Kyandsky.
For citation: Ovechkin E.G. Prominent Russian maxillofacial surgeon, professor A.A. Kyandsky. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2020; No.1(90): 56-61 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2020-1(90)56-61
1. Priest K.P. Kyandsky (obituary). Olonets Diocesan News. 1904; No.17: р.509; 533-534;
2. Archpriest Igor Aleksandrov. Confessor of Orthodoxy Archpriest John of Kyand. St. Petersburg Diocesan News. 2006; No. 34. p. 199; 201. (In Russian)
3. Report of the Community of St. George for 1892. St. Petersburg:, 1894, p.155-156;
4. Report of the Community of St. George in 1894. St. Petersburg:, 1896, p. 99. (In Russian)
5. Report of the Community of St. George for 1897. St. Petersburg:, 1898, p.19; 38-40. (In Russian)
6. Danyushevskaya V.I. The development of maxillofacial surgery in the USSR (on the history of dentistry, 1914-1925) [dissertation synopsis]. Moscow: Sechenov University, 1964 .32 p. (In Russian)
7. Sakovich A.A., Samedov T.I. Pages of the history of the Department of Surgical Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of the First St. Petersburg State Medical University I.P. Pavlova from the end of the XIX to the beginning of the XXI century. St. Petersburg, SPbSMU Publishing House,2014, p. 46. (In Russian)
8. To the 100th anniversary of the Department of Surgical Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. St. Petersburg, 1999, p. 4. (In Russian)
9. Russian Research Institute of Traumatologists and Orthopedics. R.R. Harmful (1906-2006). St. Petersburg, 2006, p. 381-382. (In Russian)
10. Titova A.T. The life and work of Professor Alexander Alexandrovich Limberg. (In: Actual issues of maxillofacial surgery. Collection of scientific papers). St. Petersburg, 1995, p. 5-9. (In Russian)
11. Vselyubsky G.A., Nesmeyanov A.A. The legend of Russian dentistry. St. Petersburg, 2005, p. 45. (In Russian)
12. The whole Leningrad in 1932: Leningrad address and reference book. Leningrad, 1932, p. 449;
13. The whole Leningrad in 1934: Leningrad address and reference book. Leningrad, 1934, p. 228. (In Russian)
14. Department of surgical dentistry with a clinic. 100 years of Academician I.P. Pavlov First St.Petersburg State Medical University . St. Petersburg, 1997, p. 346. (In Russian)