Assessment of the healing of a purulent wound of the submandibular region in military personnel
Kuznetcova O.Yu., orcid 0000-0002-9759-3716
Kazan Federal University
Russia, 420008, Respublika Tatarstan, Kazan, Kremlyovskaya St., 18.
Nesterov O.V., Kazan State Medical Academy
Russia, 420012, Respublika Tatarstan, Kazan, Butlerova St., 36.
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of the work was to study the effectiveness of the drug in healing a purulent wound of the submandibular region in military personnel.
To do this, 28 military personnel aged 24 to 29 years were treated with wounds of the mandibular region with a preparation from plant raw materials proposed by the authors by the method. Before and after wound treatment, the immune status was assessed: local oral immunity (slgA), indicators of lymphocyte subpopulations, indicators of humoral immunity (IgA, IgG, IgM, IgI).
The results of the use of the drug in the healing of a purulent wound of the submandibular region in this group of patients are presented. The results obtained show that the regeneration of tissues of the submandibular region when using the proposed method of this drug is better in 87% of cases, and immunological indicators tend to return to normal.
The effectiveness of the preparation in the healing of a purulent wound of the submandibular region was confirmed; a tendency to improve the state of the immune status was noted. The conclusion is made about the possibility of using this method for healing purulent wounds of the submandibular region and correction of immunity in military personnel.
Keywords: purulent wound, healing, immunity, submandibular area.
For citation: Kuznetcova O.Yu., Nesterov O.V. Assessment of the healing of a purulent wound of the submandibular region in military personnel. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2022, no.3(100): 4-7 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2022-3(100)4-7
1. Shargorodsky A.G. Inflammatory diseases of the maxillofacial region and neck. M: Meditsina, 2001, 273 p. (In Russian).
2. Abaev Yu.K., Kaputsky V.E., Adarchenko A.A. Multicomponent dressings in the treatment of festering wounds. Surgery. 1999, 10: 69—72 p. (In Russian).
3. Aboyants R.K., Istranov L.P., Istranova E.V. Local hemostatic agents collagen based. Moscow : Medical literature, 2006: 23—25 p. (In Russian).
4. Kuzina B.M. Wounds and wound infection. M: Meditsina, 2001, 687 p. (In Russian).
5. Petrov R.V. Immunology. Moscow: Meditsina, 1987, 368 p. (In Russian).
6. Paul W.E. Fundamental immunology. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer / Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2008, 1603 p.
7. Mancini G., Carbonara A.O., Heremans J.F. Immunochemical quantitation of antigens by single radial immunodiffusion. Immunochemistry. 1965, 2: 235—254. doi.org/10.1016/0019-2791(65)90004-2
8. Coxon F.P., Benford H.L., Russel R.G.G., Rogers M.J. Protein synthesis is required for caspase activation and induction of apoptosis by bisphosphonate drugs. Mol. Pharmacol. 1998, 54: 631—638.
9. Yushkov B.G. Immune system and regulation of regeneration. Bulletin of Siberian Medicine. 2017, 16(4): 94—105 (In Russian).
10. Lutsevich O.E. Modern view at pathophysiology and treatment purulent wounds. Moscow: Jornal im. N.I. Pirogova. 2011, 5: 72—77 (In Russian).