Exfoliative cheilitis: frequency of occurrence, clinical forms, unfavorable factors
Redinova T.L.1, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8963-2025
Redinova E.O.2, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8210-6906
Kutergina N.P.2, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6800-521X
Bulavina A.L.2, ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8674-5526
1Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education Izhevsk State Medical Academy of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, 426034, Izhevsk, Russia;
2Dental clinic No. 2, AUZ UR “Republican dental clinic of the Ministry of Health of the UR”, Izhevsk
E-mail address: email@example.com
As a result of the analysis of 1850 medical records of consultations, examination of 1159 patients of pediatric and adult therapeutic dental appointments and an in-depth examination of 89 patients, it was found that the prevalence of the dry form of exfoliative cheilitis in people of different ages is 1.55%, the exudative form of exfoliative cheilitis occurs in 0.27% of cases among patients with pathology of the oral mucosa and lips. Local and general unfavorable factors are observed in patients with cheilitis with a slightly higher, but statistically insignificant, frequency than among healthy people, but the role of psycho-emotional stress in exacerbating the disease is noted in 43.5% of patients.
Keywords: exfoliative cheilitis, adverse factors.
1.Terekhova T.N., Minchenya O.V., Mikhailovskaya V.P., Karmalkova E.A. Diseases of the lips and tongue in children: study guide. allowance. Minsk: BSMU, 2013, 46 p.
2. Rabinovich I.M., Rabinovich O.F., Abramova E.S., Denisova M.A. Clinical and pathogenetic aspects of various forms of cheilitis. Stomatology. 2016, no.1: 67—72.
3. Glebova L.I., Klyuchnikova D.E., Chernova T.A. Exfoliative cheilitis is a rare disease of the red border of the lips in the practice of a dermatologist and dentist. Dermatology. 2019, no.3: 5—8.
4. Therapeutic dentistry: national guidelines (ed. L.A. Dmitrieva, Yu.M. Maksimovsky; 2nd ed., revised. and additional) Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2015, 888 p.
5. Dermatovenereology. National leadership. Brief edition (ed. Yu.S. Butova, Yu.K. Skripkina, O.L. Ivanova). Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2020, 896 p.
6. Vinogradova T.F., Maksimova O.P., Roginsky V.V. and others Dentistry of children’s age: A guide for doctors. (ed. T.F. Vinogradova). Moscow: Medicine, 1987, 528 p.
7. Maksimova O.P. Secrets of cheilitis. Clinical dentistry. 2000, no.2.: 45—48.
8. Gorbatova L.N., Sumarokova A.V., Bebyakova N.A., Obraztsov Yu.L. The content of low and medium molecular weight substances in biological substrates for cheilitis in children and adolescents. Stomatology. – 2005, 84, no.1: 53—57.
9. Krikheli N.I. Diseases of the lips in aesthetic dentistry / N.I. Krikheli, N.D. Brusenina, E.A. Rybalkina// Russian Dentistry. – 2012. – No. 4. – P.57-64.
10. Kutin S.A. To the question of the clinic and pathogenesis of exfoliative cheilitis. Bulletin of dermatology and venereology. 1970, no.2: 39—41.
11. Krikheli N.I., Brusenina N.D., Rybalkina E.A., Bychkova M.N. Systemic correction of psychoemotional disorders in the treatment of dry form of exfoliative cheilitis. Russian Dentistry.2019, 12(2): 3—6.