Indication of plaque using camera VistaCam
Satygo E.A., Limina A.P.
North-Western State Medical University named after I.I. Mechnikov, Saint-Petersburg
Russia, 191015, Saint-Petersburg, Kirochnaya St., 41
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We examined 89 patients who underwent professional oral hygiene. Indications of dental plaque before the procedure were performed by three different methods: simple visualization of the plaque, staining of the plaque with a detector (Erythrosine), and indication of the plaque using the VistaCam apparatus. It was found that using the VistaCam device it is possible to detect plaque on any surfaces of the teeth with a much greater degree of accuracy than other standard methods. The use of this method to increase the effectiveness of professional oral hygiene in dental patients.
Keywords: caries, dental plaque, fluorescence.
For citation: Satygo E.A., Limina A.P. Indication of plaque using camera VistaCam. Stomatology for All/Int. Dental Review. 2019; No.4(89); 33-35 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2019-3(88) 33-35
1. Alexandrov M.T. Laser clinical biophotometry. M .: Technosphere, 2008.
2. Ivanova M.A., Makarova M.V., Vasiliev E.N. et al. Accelerated identification of mycobacteria using laser fluorescence. Journal Microbiology. 2009; 3: 81–85.
3. Morozova O.A. Experimental substantiation of the express method of laser fluorescence diagnostics of microbial diseases: author. … dis. Ph.D.. M., 2001.
4. Skripkina G.I., Pitaev A.N., Romanova Yu.G., Golochalova N.V. Cariesogenicity of plaque and problems of prediction of caries in childhood. Pediatric dentistry and prophylaxis. 2014; thirteen; No. 2: 9—11.
5. Silin A.V., Kozlov V.A., Satygo E.A. Analysis of the prevalence and intensity of decay of permanent teeth in children of St. Petersburg. Pediatric dentistry and prevention. 2014; thirteen; No. 1 (48): 14—17.
6. Okada M., Soda Y., Hayashi F. PCR detection of Streptococcus mutans and S. sobrinus in dental plaque samples from Japanese preschool children. J Med Microbiol. 2002; May; 51 (5): 443–447, https://doi.org/10.1099/0022-1317-51-5-443
7. Wan A.K., Seow W.K., Purdie D.M., Bird P.S., Walsh L.J., Tudehope D.I. A longitudinal study of Streptococcus mutans colonizatoins in Infants after tooth eruption. J Dent Res. 2003; No. 82: 504—508, https://doi.org/10.1177/154405910308200703