Clinical experience of quartz reinforcing mesh usage in production of full removable laminar upper dentures
Galonsky V.G.1, 3, Cherkashin B.F.1, Kharlamova A.A.1, Kungurov S.V.1, Gradoboev A.V.2, Surdo E.S.1
1 V.F. Voino-Yasenetsky Krasnoyarsk State Medical University
Russia, 660036, Krasnoyarskiy kray, Krasnoyarsk, St. Partizana Zheleznyaka, 1
2 Dental clinic “Gelios” LLC
Russia, 662313, Krasnoyarskiy kray, Sharypovo, 6 Mikrorayon, 25
3 Krasnoyarsk Science Center of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Scientific Research Institute of Medical Problems of the North (SRI MPN)
Russia, 660022, Krasnoyarskiy kray, Krasnoyarsk, St Partizana Zheleznyaka, 3Г
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The study is devoted to one of relevant topics in orthopaedic dentistry: orthopaedic treatment for fully edentulous patients with application of removable laminar dentures the basis of which is produced from acrylic plastic. The main problem of this approach has been formulated: the possibility of frequent crashing of the basis by the patient within earlier and later periods after the beginning of prosthesis exploitation. Options in prevention of this problem have been considered — reinforcing of the denture basis using standard and individually produced metal meshes — as well as their disadvantages. A study based on longitudinal clinical observation within terms of up to five years of exploitation effectiveness in quartz reinforcing mesh application to removable denture bases as an alternative approach to modern technologies has been carried out. Application features and advantages of this technology have been presented.
Keywords: complete edentulism, full removable laminar dentures, quartz reinforcing mesh, laminar denture crashing, prosthesis reinforcement.
For citation: Galonsky V.G., Cherkashin B.F., Kharlamova A.A., Kungurov S.V., Gradoboev A.V., Surdo E.S. Clinical experience of quartz reinforcing mesh usage in production of full removable laminar upper dentures. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2019; No 4 (89); 4-9 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2019-4(89)4-9
1. Voronov A.P., Lebedenko I.Yu., Voronov I.A. Orthopedic treatment of patients with complete absence of teeth: a Training manual. M .: MEDpress-inform, 2006, 320 p.
2. Kalinina N.V., Zagorsky V.A. Prosthetics with complete loss of teeth. – 2nd revised and add. ed. M .: Medicine, 1990, 224 p.
3. Karaseva V.V. The use of «Quartz Splint Mesh» reinforcing quartz mesh for the prevention of fractures of the bases of laminar dentures in patients with through defects of the hard palate. Dentistry problems. 2015; No. 5-6: 47-53.
4. Karaseva V.V. Prevention of frequent fractures of laminar dentures by using a quartz mesh. Dentistry problems. 2014; No. 5: 41–44.
5. Kitsul I.S., Galonsky. V.G. Planning of orthopedic dental care and ensuring its quality in modern conditions. Irkutsk: Irkutsk Medical Publishing House, 2002, 163 pp.
6. Lebedenko I.Yu., Kalivrajiyan E.S., Ibragimov T.I. Guide to orthopedic dentistry. Prosthetics in the absence of teeth. M .: LLC “Medical inform. Agency ”, 2005, 400 p.
7. Afanasyeva V.V., Lebedenko I.Yu., Grachev I.Yu., Arutyunov S.D. Improving the efficiency of restoration of removable laminar dentures after breakage. Russian Dental Journal. 2014 ;. No. 5: 4–6.
8. Tanrykuliev P. Clinic and prosthetics of patients with toothless jaws. Ashgabat: Magaryf Publishing House, 1988, 256 pp.
9. Covering of fiber-reinforced composite bars by adhesive materials, is it necessary to improve the bond strength of lingual retainers? / F. Heravi, N. Kerayechian, S. M. Moazzami et al. J. Orthon. Sci. 2015; 4; No 4: 102-107.
10. Goracci C. Current perspectives on post systems: a literature review / C. Goracci, M. Ferrari. Aust Dent J. 2011;
56 (suppl 1): 77-83.
11. Shear bond strength to enamel and flexural strength of different fiber-reinforced composites / J. Juloskia, M. Beloica, C. Goraccic et al. J. Adhes. Dent. 2013; fifteen; 2: 123-130.
12. Tezvergil A. Strength of adhesive-bonded fiber-reinforced composites to enamel and dentin substrates / A. Tezvergil, L. V. Lassila, P. K. Vallittu. J. Adhes. Dent. 2003; 5; 4: 301-311.
13. Gelman S.E. Functional chewing test. Soviet dentistry. 1932; T. 11, No. 9: 11-31