Comparative analysis of the antibacterial effect of preventive toothpastes with use of automated microorganism growth control system
Podporin M.S., Terentiev K.V., Trefilova Y.A., Tsarev V.N.
Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry named after A.I. Evdokimov
Russia, 127473, Moscow, Delegatskaya St., 20, bld.1
The article presents experimental data of comparative assessment of antibacterial activity of prophylactic toothpastes. As a models for growth curves construction with help of innovative technology of microorganisms automated cultivation in bioreactor used strains Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus salivarius; Streptococcus mutans. The results of growth curves study of microorganisms under impact of active components of preventive toothpastes have shown the presence of bacteriostatic activity of these toothpastes. It is shown that investigated toothpastes differ from the other by more inhibitory activity on growth of main cariogenic type Streptococcus mutans compared with representatives of normal microbiota.
Keywords: toothpastes, programmable cultivation, bioreactor, bacteriostatic activity, cariogenic type.
For citation: Podporin M.S., Terentev K.V., Trefilova Y.A., Tsarev V.N. Comparative analysis of the antibacterial effect of preventive toothpastes with use of automated microorganism growth control system. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2019; No.3(88); 26-31 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2019-3(88)26-31
1. Kuzmina E.M. Dental morbidity of the Russian population. M.: MSMSU, 2009, 235 p. (In Russian).
2. Kiselnikova L.P., Dirksen M.S., Fedulova T.V. The dynamics of caries susceptibility to temporary teeth in preschool children in Moscow. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2011; No.3(56); 58—61 (In Russian).
3. Makeeva I.M., Babina K.S. Identification of hygienic and alimentary habits in students of the Faculty of Dentistry and their influence on the level of oral hygiene. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2011; No.3(56); 42—45 (In Russian).
4. Didenko L.V., Avtandilov G.A., Ippolitov E.V., Tsareva E.V., Smirnova T.A., Shevlyagina N.V., Tsarev V.N. The formation of biofilms on dental polymer materials as the basis for the persistence of microorganisms in the pathology of teeth and periodontal disease. Endodontics Today. 2015; No.4: 13—17 (In Russian).
5. Ippolitov E.V., Didenko L.V., Tsarev V.N. Peculiarities of the periodontal biofilm morphology in inflammatory gingival diseases (chronic catarrhal gingivitis, chronic periodontitis, candida-associated periodontitis) according to electron microscopy. Clinical laboratory diagnostics. 2015: 60: 12: 59—64 (In Russian).
6. Marsh P.D. Contemporary perspective on plaque control. British Dental Journal. 2012; 212: 601—608.
7. Lamont R.J. Microbiology and immunology for dentists. Translation from English under the editorship of Academician of the RAS V.K. Leontiev. — Moscow: Practical Medicine, 2010, 368 p. (In Russian).
8. Ushakov R.V., Tsarev V.N. Antimicrobial therapy in dentistry. Principles and algorithms. Moscow: RMANPO, 2019 (In Russian).
9. Tsarev V.N., Ippolitov E.V., Podporin M.S., Samusenkov V.O. Evaluation of the effectiveness of endodontic disinfection using scanning electron microscopy of the root canal biofilm. Clinical Dentistry. 2016; No.3(79): 8—14 (In Russian).