Application of photo and video recording in dentistry. Review
Leontyeva E.Yu., Dmitrieva A.V., Kravchenko P.S., Leontyev G.S.
Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Rostov State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
344022, Russia, Rostov-na-Donu, Per. Nakhichevanskiy, 29
E-mail address: email@example.com
The review conducted research of the Russian and foreign literature of recent years on the methods of using photo and video recording in dentistry in the databases of the Russian Science Citation Index, SCOPUS, Web of Science, Pubmed and others. The data of the possibilities of using the method of registration of the dental status and the state of the tissues of the oral cavity using photo and video fixation in the diagnosis, treatment and observation of patients are presented.
Keywords: photo in dentistry, video recording in dentistry, photodiagnostic, photoplanning, photo in preventive care.
For citation: Leontyeva E.Yu., Dmitrieva A.V., Kravchenko P.S., Leontyev G.S. Application of photo and video recording in dentistry. Review. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.1(94):28-32 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/ idr-2021-1(94) 28-32
1. Abolmasov N.N., Prygunov K.A., Adaeva I.A., Massarsky I.G. Method for the index evaluation of occlusal contacts of the posterior teeth / patent RU 2 684 182 C1, 2019.04.04 (In Russian).
2. Belyanskaya A.O., Ruzieva A.R., Lyubimenko A.S., Stepanov V.A., Klimova N.N., Klimova N.N. Method for evaluating occlusal relationships of dentitions / patent RU 2 599 224 C1, 2016.10.10 (In Russian).
3. Bergersen E.O. A computerized device for orthodontic diagnosis and the issuance of corrective devices / patent RU No. 2204959, IPC A61C 3/00 publ. 06/20/2002 (In Russian).
4. Vinogradova E.S., Vinogradov S.I., Fadeev R.A. Method for assessing the quality of orthodontic treatment / Patent for invention RU 2616761 C, 04/18/2017. Application No. 2015157082 dated 12.29.2015 (In Russian).
5. Klemin V.A. , Labunets V.A., Kubarenko V.V. The principles of evaluation and timing of determining the dental status of teeth with a defect in hard tissues. Moscow: Lenand, 2010, 208 p. (In Russian).
6. Korchagina M.A., Korchagina V.V. Features of the photographic protocol at the appointment with a pediatric dentist. Pediatric Dentistry and Prevention. 2018, no.5: 75—80 (In Russian).
7. Kubarenko V.V. The use of a photograph in dentistry is a diagnostic practice. Dentist-practitioner. 2014, no.4: 22—24 (In Russian).
8. Kubarenko V.V. Photography in dental practice. Problems of Dentistry. 2014, no.6: 10—14 (In Russian).
9. Leontiev S.V., Leontiev E.Yu., Leontiev G.S. A method for assessing the condition of the oral cavity by photo and/or video recording for the selection of hygiene products / Patent for invention RU No. 2019135299/14, IPC A61C 3/00, Application No. 2019135299/14 (069771) (In Russian).
10. Lutskaya I.K., Lopanin O.A. Photographic registration as quality control in aesthetic dentistry. International reviews: clinical practice and health. 2015, no.6: 6—11 (In Russian).
11. Mokrenko E.V., Kostritsky I.Yu., Abbasov N.M., Ivanov R.A. Dental photography in the clinic of orthopedic dentistry. Fundamental science and technology — promising developments materials of the XII international scientific-practical conference. 2017: 28—30 (In Russian).
12. Nevdakh A.S. Comparative evaluation of the treatment of injuries of the oral mucosa when using fixed orthodontic equipment: the dissertation … candidate of Medical Sciences. Moscow: FGAOU VO I.M. First Moscow State Medical University Sechenov of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, 2017. 143 p. (In Russian).
13. Bulgakova A.I., Galikeyev A.Sh., Valeev I.V., Khismatullina F.R., Izgin E.R., Khaziev L.M., Mamedov G.V., Safiullin K.S. Examination of the dental patient. Basic and additional methods: Uch. Manual. Ufa: Publishing house of SBEI HPE BSMU of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia, 2012, 87 p. (In Russian).
14. Fadeev R.A., Pravnikova A.N. The method of choosing the tactics of orthodontic treatment / Patent for the invention RU 2447838 C2, 04.20.2012. Application No. 2010129487/14 of 07.15.2010 (In Russian).
15. Fadeev R.A., Pravnikova A.N. A method for the quantitative assessment of dentofacial anomalies / Patent for invention RU 2441591 C1, 02/10/2012. Application No. 2010129486/14 of 07.15.2010 (In Russian).
16. Fadeev R.A., Pravnikova A.N. The method of objective evaluation of the results of orthodontic treatment / Patent for the invention RU 2444292 C1, 03/10/2012. Application No. 2010129485/14 of 07.15.2010 (In Russian).
17. Fadeev R.A., Pravnikova A.N. The method of objective evaluation of the results of orthodontic treatment / Patent for the invention RU 2444292 C1, 03/10/2012. Application No. 2010129485/14 of 07.15.2010. Photography in dental practice. Problems of Dentistry. 2014, no.6: 10—13 (In Russian).
18. Schmidseder J. Aesthetic dentistry (Per. from English ; Under the total. ed. prof. T.F. Grape). 2nd ed. Moscow: MEDpress-inform, 2007, 320 p. (In Russian)
19. Shabanov V.N., Pedorets A.P., Shabanov O.V., Klemin V.A. Aesthetic aspects of reconstructive dentistry. Elista: ZAO NPP Dzhangar, 2010, 111 p. (In Russian).
20. Yudina N.A., Manyuk K.M., Polyakov K.M. A comparative assessment of the quality of restorations of the anterior tooth group using modern advanced FDI criteria. Kazakh scientific-theoretical and practical journal “Oraldyngylymzharshysy”. 2014, no.23(102): 93—102, 21 (In Russian).
21. Yudina N.A., Mamaiko O.K. Photography in dentistry. Modern dentistry. 2015, no.2: 8—11 (In Russian).
22. Aschheim K.W., Dale B.G. Esthetic Dentistry. St. Luis: Mosby. 2001: 268—287.
23. Goldstein C.E., Goldstein R.E., Garber D.A. Imaging in Esthetic Dentistry. Quintessence Publishing. 1998: 15—52.
24. Gordon J. Christensen. Intraoral Television Cameras: Presenting A Major New Use. The Journal of the American Dental Association. 1994, Volume 125, Issue 4, April: 439—440, 442. https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.1994.0064.
25. Gordon J. Christensen. Important clinical uses for digital photography. The Journal of the American Dental Association. 2005, Volume 136, Issue 1, January: 77—79. https://jada.ada.org/article/S0002-8177(14)65542-2/pdf.
26. Plaster U., Hrezkuw S. Diagnostics and treatment planning. Dental dialogue. 2019, 20: 58—82.