Comparative analysis of the effectiveness of the use of various orthodontic appliances in the correction of malocclusion of the II class in children and adolescents
Pilipenko N.D., Maksyukov S.Yu
Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education “Rostov State Medical University” of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation
344022, Russia, Rostov-na-Donu, per.Nakhichevanskiy, 29
E-mail address: Kafstom2@yandex.ru
This study is dedicated to a comparative analysis of effectiveness of using orthodontic appliances when treating class II malocclusion in children and adolescents. It was shown that treatment with the Invisalign system with a change of the lower jaw position is the most effective method for correcting class II malocclusion in growing patients. Using Invisalign aligners showed not only the best efficacy according to teleroentgenograms. but also made the treatment process comfortable for patients at all its stages. Moreover, higher level of compliance was demonstrated with treatment using the Invisalign system compared to the Twin-block appliance.
1. Averyanov S.V., Zubareva A.V. Influence of dentoalveolar anomalies on the quality of life. Orthodontics. 2016, Vol.74, no.2: 33—34 (In Russian).
2. Anokhina A.V., Loseva T.V. Modern concepts of treatment of distal occlusion in growing patients based on the analysis of the literature. Health and education in the XXI century. 2016, Vol.18, no.3: 18—25 (In Russian).
3. Bayer I., Emelyanova O.S., Kazaryan A.F. Treatment of occlusion anomalies with the Invisalign system of orthodontic aligners. Orthodontics. 2012, no.1(57): 25—27 (In Russian).
4. Geis A., Doll G., Korano A. DISTAL JET and its possibilities in the treatment of class II malocclusion. Clinical dentistry. 2000, no.1: 52—56 (In Russian).
5. Gogoleva A.V., Kochetova M.S. Substantiation of the choice of the method of analysis of teleroentgenograms in the treatment of various variants of sagittal occlusion anomalies. Saratov Journal of Medical Scientific Research. 2014, no.2 (In Russian).
6. Zharmagambetova A.G., Tuleutaeva S.T., Mukhtarova KS, Zharmagambetov A.G., Zhanabilov A.A. Treatment of distal occlusion in children. Dentistry. 2016, Vol.95, no.3: 49—51 (In Russian).
7. Kuznetsov D.A., Lipin N.N. Modern diagnostic capabilities of the “SIMPLYCEPH” software. Basics of methodology for making aligners. Orthodontics. 2017, no.3(79): 71—72 (In Russian).
8. Persin L.C. Orthodontics. Diagnosis and treatment of dentoalveolar anomalies and deformities. M., 2015 (In Russian).
9. Pilipenko N.D., Maksyukov S.Yu. Analysis of the results of clinical and dental examination of adult patients with deep incisal overlap. Stomatology for all / Int. Dental Review. 2019, no.4(89), 36—39 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2019-4(89)36-39
10. Al-Dumaini А.А., Halboub Е., Alhammadi M.S. A novel approach for treatment of skeletal Class II malocclusion: Miniplates-based skeletal anchorage. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, 2018, vol.153, no.2: 239—247. doi: 10.1016/j.ajodo.2017.06.020