Aspects of X-ray diagnostics of inflammatory processes in the maxillary sinuses
Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery
Russia, 119021, Moscow, Timura Frunze St., 16
E-mail address: email@example.com
Studying the characteristics X-ray pictures of the maxillary sinuses more than 350 patients with odontogenic diseases of the maxillary sinuses and no odontogenic of origin, as well as images of the maxillary sinuses in normal. We used data of orthopantomography, panoramic zonography middle and upper areas of the face, radiography of the paranasal sinuses, cone-beam and multislice computed tomography.
Diseases of the maxillary sinuses characterized by a variety of origin and X-ray manifestations, which makes the complexity of the diagnosis. In this regard, the necessary knowledge of X-ray skialogicheskih features of pathological processes and the efficiency of X-ray techniques to objective detect not only the changes in the sinuses, but the factors causing the them.
Multi -projection X-ray computed tomography examination of the maxillary sinus and alveolar process of the maxilla is a reliable method of assessing the state of the maxillary sinuses and the differentiation of the origin of maxillary sinusitis. Common dental X-ray techniques are limited diagnostic capabilities of assessing the state of the mucous membrane and the walls of the maxillary sinuses, which must be considered when interpreting the image.
Keywords: maxillary sinus, diseases, mucous membrane, orthopantomography, panoramic zonography, computed tomography.
For citation: Arzhantsev A.P. Aspects of X-ray diagnostics of inflammatory processes in the maxillary sinuses. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.1(94): 4-10(In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2021-1(94)4-10
1. Arzhantsev A.P. Оn the informativeness of modern software for orthopantomographs. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2017, no.1(78): 30—35 (In Russian).
2. Arzhantsev A.P. On the issues of X-ray diagnosis of periradicular inflammatory destructiv processes in the jaws. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2018, no.2(83): 24—29 (In Russian).
3. Serovа N.S. Radiology in dental implantology. Moscow: E-noto, 2015, 220 р. (In Russian).
4. Ternovoy S.K., Vasilyev A.Yu. Radiological diagnostics in dentistry, Nationals guidelines on radiology and radiotherapy. Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2010, 288 p. (In Russian).
5. Trofimova T.N., Garapich I.A., Bel’chikova N.С. Radiological diagnostics in dentistry. Moscow: Medical information Agency, 2010, 192 p. (in Russian).
6. Trufanov G.E. Radiologic diagnosis of diseases of the paranasal sinuses and nasal cavity. Saint Petersburg: ELBI, 2011, 192 p. (In Russian).
7. Oral and maxillofacial surgery: national guidance (under the editorship of A.A. Kulakov). Moscow: GEOTAR-Media, 2019, 692 p. (In Russian).
8. Chibisova M.A., Zubareva A.A. Three-dimensional differential diagnosis of odontogenic diseases of the maxillary sinuses. Medical alphabet. Dentistry. 2011, no.12: 8—15 p. (in Russian).
9. Pasler F.A, Visser H. Radiology practice dentist. Moscow: MEDpress-Inform, 2007, 352 p. (in Russian).
10. Ritter L. Prevalence of pathologic findings in the maxillary sinus in cone-beam computerized tomography. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Enddontology. 2011, no.111(5): 634—640.doi: 10.1016/j.tripleo.2010.12.007
11. Strong E.B., Tollefson T.T. Intraoperative Use of CT Imaging. Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. 2013, no.46(5): 719—732.doi: 10.1016/j.otc.2013.07.003