A RATIONALE FOR THE APPLICATION OF PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPY IN EXPERIMENTAL IN VITRO INVESTIGATION WITH STRAINS OF PERIODONTAL PATHOGENIC BACTERIA AND CANDIDA
Samusenkov V.O.1, Tsarev V.N.2, Ippolitov E.V.2, Podporin M.S.2, Ilyasova S.T.3
1 I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical Univer-sity of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia
2 Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry named after A.I. Evdokimov, Russia, Moscow
3 Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillo-facial Surgery of Ministry of Health of the Russian Fed-eration, Moscow, Russia
The article presents the results of a study of the ef-fectiveness of photodynamic therapy in in vitro experi-ments against the microaerophilic group of periodontitis pathogens and Candida fungi using light activation at different wavelengths.
To determine the sensitivity of photodynamic effects, the following priority strains of microorganisms were selected: Aggregatibacter actinomycetemcomitans, Streptococcus constellatus, Candida glabrata. The basis of the experimental studies was the automated cultiva-tion of isolated strains of microorganisms with control of the growth curves of microbial populations using differ-ent exposure modes and photosensitizers.
The possibility of a more effective implementation of necessary corrective actions by dentists when using photodynamic therapy in the complex treatment of pa-tients with periodontal diseases is substantiated.
Keywords: periodontopathogenic microorganisms, photodynamic therapy, photosensitizers.
For citation: Samusenkov V.O., Tsarev V.N., Ippoli-tov E.V., Podporin M.S., Ilyasova S.T. Substantiation of use of photodynamic therapy in experimental investiga-tion in vitro with strains of parodontopathogenic bacteria and fungi candida. Stomatology for All / Intertational Dental Review. 2019; no. 2 (87): 34—41 (in Russ.).
1. Bulkina N.V., Vedyayeva A.P. Rapidly progressive periodontitis: new aspects of pathogenesis and complex therapy. Parodontology. — 2012. — № 4 (17). — P. 13—18 (in Russian).
2. Doroshina I.R., Yumashev A.V., Mikhailova M.V., Kuderova I.G., Kristal E.A. Orthopedic treatment of pa-tients with overactive gag reflex. Stomatology for All / Intertational Dental Review. 2014; no. 4 (69): 18—20 (in Russ.).
3. Kuryakina N.V., Kutepova T.F. Periodontal diseas-es. – M .: Med. Book, N. Novgorod: Publishing house. NGMA, 2000. — 162 p. (in Russ.).
4. Microbiology and immunology for dentists: Transl. from English / R.J. Lamont [et al.]. — Moscow: Practical medicine, 2010. — 504 p. (in Russ.).
5. Nikolaeva, E.N., Tsarev, V.N., Ippolitov, E.V. Pa-ra-dontogenic pathogenic bacteria — predictors of peri-odontitis (part I). Stomatology for All / Intertational Den-tal Review. 2011; no. 3 (56): 4—9. (in Russ.).
6. Orekhova L.Yu. Periodontal disease. — Moscow: Poly Media Press, 2004. — 254 p. (in Russ.).
7. Ulashchik V.S. Photodynamic therapy — technol-ogy of the XXI century. Physiotherapy, balneology and rehabilitation. — 2013. — no. 1. — P. 36—43. (in Russ.).
8. Ushakov R.V., Tsarev V.N. Application of antibiot-ics in dentistry. FGBOU DPO “Russian Medical Acade-my of Continuing Professionall Education”. — Moscow: FGBOU DPO RAMANPO. — 2018. — 185 p. (in Russ.).
9. Tsarev V.N., Ippolitov Ye.V., Plakhtiy L.Ya., Pod-porin M.S., Ilyasova S.T., Akhmedov G.D. Comparative evaluation of photodynamic effects on the growth of candida populations. Clinical Dentistry. — 2017. — no. 3 (83). — P. 20—25 (in Russ.).
11. Tsarev V.N., Nikolaeva E.N., Arutyunov D.S., Fomicheva E.M., Unanyan A.A., Arutyunov S.D. Exper-imental substantiation of the use of biopolymer films containing preparations of immunomodulating and anti-bacterial action for the treatment of periodontal diseas-es. Periodontology. — 2010. — no. 1 (15). — P. 57—60 (in Russ.).
12. Tsarev V.N., Podporin M.S., Ippolitov E.V. The use of scanning electron microscopy and a bioreactor for the evaluation of the eradication of microbial biofilm in root canals during endodontic treatment. Clinical La-boratory Diagnostics — 2017. — no. 8 (62). — P. 506—512 (in Russ.).
13. Tsepov L.M., Mikheyeva E.A., Goleva N.A., Nesterova M.M. Chronic generalized periodontitis: re-marks to modern concepts. Parodontology — 2010. — no. 1 (15). — P. 3—7 (in Russ.).
14. Yumashev A.V., Kristal E.A., Kuderova I.G., Mi-khailova M.V. Intolerance to orthopedic constructions, galvanism phenomena. Journal of scientific articles Health and education in the XXI century. — 2012. — Vol. 14. — no. 2. — P. 26 (in Russ.).
15. Aas J.A., Paster B.J., Stokes L.N., Olsen I., De-whirst F.E. Defining the normal bacterial flora of the oral cavity. J.Clin. Microbiol, 2005; 11 (43): 5721—5732.