A clinical case of hamartoma (teratoma) of the tongue in combination with a cleft palate in a newborn
Volkov Yu.O.2, Mamedov Ad.A.1, Makarova L.M.2, Ryzhov E.A.2, Tkachenko B,A.2
1 I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Russia, 119048, Moscow, Trubetskaya st., 8, bld. 2
2 Children’s City Clinical Hospital No. 9 named after G.N. Speransky DZM (Moscow)
Russia , 123317 , Moscow, Shmitovskiy Proyezd, 29
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The article presents a rare clinical case of hamartoma of the tongue in combination with a cleft palate, diagnosed in a newborn child, as a manifestation of a severe congenital malformation of the maxillofacial region.
The preparation and successful implementation of the first stage of treatment of this combined pathology and subsequent rehabilitation in a multidisciplinary children’s hospital are described in detail on the basis of continuity in the work of specialists and an interdisciplinary approach.
Keywords: hamartoma, congenital malformation of the maxillofacial region, newborn, interdisciplinary approach.
For citation: Volkov Yu.O., Mamedov Ad.A., Makarova L.M., Tukabaev G.P., Ryzhov E.A., Tkachenko B.A. A clinical case of hamartoma (teratoma) of the tongue in combination with a cleft palate in a newborn. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2020, no.3(92): 42-45. doi: 10.35556/idr-2020-3(92)42-45
1. Lazareva K.I. The frequency and structure of congenital malformations in newborns of the Rostov region and risk factors for their formation: author. dis. … Cand. medical sciences. Rostov on Don, 2007, 23 p. (In Russian).
2. Akyol M.U., Orhan D. Lingual tumors in infants: a case report and review of the literature. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2004, 68(1): 111—115.
3. Selimoglu E., Ozturk A., Demirci M., Erdogan F. A giant teratoma of the tongue. International Journal of Pediatric Оtorhinolaryngology. 2002, 66(2): 189—192.
4. Sagoyan G.B., Kachanov D.Yu., Grachev N.S. et al. A case of congenital immature teratoma of the head and neck. Issues of hematology and immunology in pediatrics. 2017, V.16, no.3: 73—80 (In Russian).
5. Mamedov A.D., Kirgizov I.V., Nelyubina O.V. et al. A clinical case of teratoma of the oral cavity and oropharynx, combined with congenital cleft lip and palate. Dental Yug, 2012, no.6: 8—10 (In Russian).
6. Freund G.G., Zhivaeva E.V. Morphological characteristics of hepatobiliary hamartomas. Ural Medical Journal. 2018, no.2: 31—35 (In Russian).
7. Antoniv T.V. Hemangiomas and chemodectomas of ENT organs (clinic, diagnostics, treatment): author. dis. … Dr. med. sciences. Moscow, 2015, 29 p. (In Russian).
8. Ognerubov N.A., Zryutina A.V. Anomalies in the development of the thyroid gland: a literature review. Bulletin of TSU, 2013, v.18, issue 6: 3309—3311 (In Russian).
9. Horn С., Thaker H.M., Tampakopoulou D.A. et al. Tongue lesion sinthe pediatric population. Otolaryngol Head NeckSurg. 2001, 124(2): 164—169.