Diagnostics and treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunctions using digital technologies
Kosyreva T.F., Tuturov N.S., Kadbekh Imad, Lebedev V.G., Donskov D.V., Chkhikvadze T.V.
1 People’s friendship University of Russia
Russia, 117198, Moscow, Miklukho-Maklaya St., 6
2 «Аesthetic dentistry сlinic»
Russia,109004, Moscow, Bol’shoy Drovyanoy Pereulok, 20-1
E-mail address: ntuturov@mail. ru
A study of the features of diagnosis and treatment with the use of digital technologies of patients with anomalies of the dentition and dysfunction of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) was carried out.
The characteristic features of the movement of the lower jaw and dysfunction of the TMJ were revealed.
The algorithm for diagnosis and treatment of this category of patients is described in detail. The advantages of using digital technologies are shown, in particular, the possibility of simultaneous correction of the state of the temporomandibular joint and the formation of occlusion.
Keywords: temporomandibular joint, digital technologies
For citation: Kosyreva T.F., Tuturov N.S., Kadbekh Imad, Lebedev V.G., Donskov D.V., Chkhikvadze T.V. Diagnostics and treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunctions using digital technologies. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2020, no.3(92): 56-60 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2020-3(92)56-60
1. Iodice G., Danzi G., Cimino R., Paduano S., Michelotti A. Association between posterior crossbite, skeletal, and muscle asymmetry: a systematic review. Eur J Orthod. 2016, Dec, 38(6): 638—651.https://doi.org/10.1093/ejo/cjw003
2. Slavicek R. The masticatory organ. Klosterneuburg: GAMMA Publ., 2002, 544 p.
3. Ivanov S.Yu., A.A. Muraev, A.M. Gusarov et al. Assessment of the temporomandibular joint state during orthognathic surgery for congenital jaw anomalies without using a surgical template. Head and neck. 2018, no.1 March: 23-28.
4. Bekreev V.V., Ivanov S.Yu., Burenchev D.V. et al. Determination of ultrasonic parameters of the structure and function of a healthy temporomandibular joint. Russian Electronic Journal of Radiolodgy. 2018, vol. 8, no.2: 24—29.
5. Bulycheva E.A., Trezubov V.N., Alpatyeva Yu.V., Lobko Yu.V., Bulycheva D.S. Using a modern diagnostic resource when creating a proper occlusal surface of artificial dentition. Periodontics. 2018, no.1 (83): 52—57.
6. Kostin K.A. Advantages of the digital CAD-CAM technologies (on the example of the manufacturing of a single ceramic restoration with the clinical CAD-KAM system Planmeca FIT using). Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2017, no.3(80): 12—14 (In Russian).
7. Kostin K.A., Erohin M.A,, Ponomarev O.Yu., Kozhevin M.V. The advantages of digital dentistry (based on clinical case of implantation and surgical guide planning with Planmeca Romexis® SW and ceramic restorations design&milling with Planmeca FIT® chairside CAD/CAM system). Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2018, no.3(84): 24—28 (In Russian).