here is the English version
Comparative microbiological study of methods of using Metrogyl Dent gel in the treatment of periodontitis
Popov A.A., Medical and Biological University of Innovation and Continuing Education, FSBI FMBC named after A.I. Burnazyan, Moscow
123098, Russia, Moscow, Zhivopisnaya St, 46
Volkov A.G., I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University Russia, 119048 , Moscow, Trubetskaya St., 8 , bld. 2
Olesov E.E., Academy of postgraduate education under FSBU FSCC of FMBA of Russia
Russia,125371, Moscow, Volokolamskoe Sh., 91
Dikopova N.Zh., I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
Russia, 119048 , Moscow, Trubetskaya St., 8 , bld. 2
Zaslavsky S.A., FSBEI DPO “Russian Medical Academy of Continuous Postgraduate Education”, Moscow
Russia, 123242, Moscow, Barrikadnaya St, 2/1
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The common drug Metrogyl Denta can be used in different ways in the treatment of periodontitis, in particular, in the form of applications or using high-frequency ultrasound.
The article is devoted to the study of the effect of various methods of using Metrogyl Dent gel on the microbiota of periodontal pockets in periodontitis. In 40 patients with a diagnosis of moderate periodontitis, the treatment complex included a combined effect of high-frequency ultrasound and an antibacterial preparation of Metrogyl Dent gel (ultraphonophoresis of Metrogil Dent gel) or Metrogil Dent was used as applications (20 people in the compared groups).
The contents of the pathological periodontal pockets were studied twice before treatment (after removing dental deposits), and also after 10 days of treatment. Microbiological examination to identify periodontal pathogenic bacterial microbiota was carried out using the anaerobic culture technique.
Ultraphonophoresis of Metrogyl Denta gel has a more pronounced antibacterial effect in comparison with the applications of this drug. The combined effect of high-frequency ultrasound and Metrogyl Denta gel makes it possible to create a drug depot in the periodontal tissues.
Keywords: periodontitis, ultraphonophoresis of Metrogyl Dent gel, applications of Metrogyl Dent gel, microbiological research.
For citation: Popov A.A., Volkov A.G., Olesov E.E., Dikopova N.Zh., Zaslavsky S.A. Comparative microbiological study of methods of using Metrogyl Dent gel in the treatment of periodontitis. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.2(95): 14-17 (In Russian). doi:
1. Volkov A.G., Prikuls V.F., Dikopova N.Zh., Nosik A.S., Arzukanyan A.V. Study of the effect of different types of transcanal direct current exposure on the microflora of root canals. Dentistry. 2019, 2(98): 37—41 (In Russian).
2. Efanov O.I., Tsarev V.N., Volkov A.G., Nikolaeva E.N., Dikopova N.Zh., Nosik A.S. Evaluation of the antibacterial activity of apex forest. Dentistry. 2006, 5(85): 20 (In Russian).
3. Efanov O.I., Tsarev V.N., Volkov A.G., Nosik A.S., Dikopova N.Zh., Shpilko A.L., Tretyakov A.A. Antibacterial effect of zinc in apex-phoresis. Russian Dental Journal. 2012, 1: 5—9 (In Russian).
4. Efanov O.I., Tsarev V.N., Nosik A.S., Volkov A.G., Dikopova N.Zh. Investigation of the antibacterial activity of apex-foresis using a silver-copper electrode In Vitro. Russian Journal of Stomatology. 2006, 4: 1—6 (In Russian).
5. Kazantseva I.A., Turdalieva F.M. Study of the effectiveness of the use of “Iodine-glycol paste Neo “in comparison with” Metrogil denta ” in the complex treatment of patients with chronic periodontitis. Lekarstvennyj vestnik. 2019, 3(75): 27—31 (In Russian).
6. Kovalevsky A.M., Pototskaya A.V., Podberezkina L.A., Borisova E.G., Sharafutdinova D.O. Possible applications of physical methods in the complex treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases (literature review) (part III). Institute of Stomatology. 2019, 2(83): 90—93 (In Russian).
7. Krivchikova A.S., Sadkova E.E. Comparative analysis of antimicrobial drugs for the treatment of chronic generalized periodontitis. Bulle is the shadow of medical Internet conferences. 2015, 10(5): 1215—1216 (In Russian).
8. Lashko I.S., Tsarev V.N., Olesov E.E., Mirgazizov M.Z., Glazkova E.V., Olesova V.N. Comparative microbiological study of the sensitivity of the oral microflora to the drugs Cresacin denta and Metrogil denta. Russian Dental Journal. 2019, 3—4(23): 149— 152 (In Russian).
9. Lyubomirsky G.B., Redinova T.L. Microcirculatory changes in periodontal tissues in the dynamics of physiotherapy treatment in patients with periodontitis. Periodontology. 2020, 1(25): 63—70 (In Russian).
10. Makeeva I.M., Volkov A.G., Daurova F.Yu., Di-kopova N.Zh., Kozhevnikova L.A., Makeeva M.K., Talalaev E.G., Shishmareva A.L. Hardware methods of treatment in dentistry. Manual. Moscow, 2017, 112 p. (In Russian).