here is the English version
Experience in the use of high-molecular-weight hyaluronic acid in the treatment of chronic generalized periodontitis
Gatilo I.A., ORCID: 0000-0003-0139-5094,
Kobylkina T.L., ORCID: 0000-0002-3806-3328,
Perikova M.G., ORCID: 0000-0002-3978-0804,
Bragin A.E., ORCID: 0000-0002-6247-7766
Stavropol State Medical University
Russia, 355017, Stavropol, 310 Mira str.
As a rule, periodontal diseases are accompanied by marginal recession of the gums, loss of attachment and exposure of the roots of the teeth. Traditional drugs for injection treatment are being replaced by modern drugs based on high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, which are successfully and highly efficiently used for local therapy of inflammatory and destructive periodontal diseases. In order to restore the volume of soft tissues in the interdental spaces, eliminate recessions and bleeding of the gingival margin, a preparation of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid “Revident +” was used, which was injected into the base of the gingival papilla at a distance of 2—3 mm from its top with the bevel of the needle upwards. To assess gingival bleeding, the PBI (papilla bleeding index) index was used, which is a sensitive indicator of the severity of gingival inflammation. The magnitude of gingival recession before and after treatment was assessed according to its severity: mild — up to 3 mm, moderate — 3—5 mm, and severe — 6 and more mm. Examination of periodontal patients before and 1.5 months after the application of high molecular weight hyaluronic acid in the composition of the Revident + preparation showed that the degree of gingival bleeding according to PBI decreased significantly after the third visit from 4 to 2 and from 3 to 1, respectively. The degree of gingival recession in the area of the anterior group of teeth decreased by an average of 2.1 mm, in the area of premolars — by 2.5 mm, and in the area of molars — by 2.8 mm.
Keywords: hyaluronic acid, periodontal disease, periodontitis, treatment, gingival recession.
For citation: Gatilo I.A., Kobylkina T.L., Perikova M.G., Bragin A.E. Experience of the use of high-molecularweight hyaluronic acid in the treatment of chronic generalized periodontitis. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.2(95): 33-37 (In Russian). doi: 10.35556/idr-2021-2(95)33-37
1. Romanov S.A., Filimonova L.B., Kuznetsov A.V. Identification and treatment of localized periodontitis with gingival recession. Hirurgicheskaya praktika. Surgical practice. 2019, 1(37): 76—81 (In Russian). doi:
2. Ushakov R.V., Ushakov A.R, D’yakonova M.S. Application of Revident hyaluronic acid preparations in surgical dentistry. Medical alphabet. 2017, 24(3): 47—50 (In Russian). doi: 10/33667/issn2078-5631.
3. Orekhova L.Yu. The use of hyaluronic acid in the complex treatment of periodontal diseases. Periodontics. 2018, 3(23): 25—30 (In Russian). doi:
4. Salikhova M.M., Dzhanbulatov M.A, Rashkueva P.N. Evaluation of the effectiveness of the drug “Revident” in the complex treatment of periodontitis. Problems of ecological medicine: collection of materials of the VIII Republican scientific and practical conference. 2018: 261—266. (In Russian). doi: 10.33925/1683-3759/1683-3759.
5. Sirak S.V., Sirak A.G., Lenev V.N., Bragin A.E. A new approach to the treatment of inflammatory periodontal diseases. Stavropol: Publishing house of StGMU, 2020 (In Russian).