Application of the OccluSense apparatus for occlusive diagnostics
Lebedenko I.Yu., Bykova M.V., Vafin S.M., Urusov E.K.
The Medical Institute of the Russian People’s Friendship
Russia, 117198, Moscow, Miklukho-Maklaya St., 8
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: dynamic occlusion, occlusion area, digital stomatology.
For citation: Lebedenko I.Yu., Bykova M.V., Vafin S.M., Urusov E.K. Application of the OccluSense apparatus for occlusive diagnostics. Stomatology for All / Int. Dental Review. 2021, no.2(95): 8-12 (In Russian). doi:10.35556/idr-2021-2(95)8-12
The article presents a study of the possibilities of the OccluSense device in obtaining information about the occlusal relationships of dental rows after treatment, including the making and installation of crowns which made of various structural materials-polymethylmethacrylate, E-max ceramics and zirconium dioxide.
Comparative occlusal diagnostics was performed using OccluSense and T-Scan apparatus.
The effectiveness of marking occlusal contacts on artificial crowns was evaluated by digital photometry.
The results obtained showed that the data of comparative occlusal diagnostics obtained using the OccluSense and T-Scan apparatus are practically identical (they differ by a maximum of 3—4%).
1. Antonik M.M. Analysis of statistical and dynamic occlusion of dentition on diagnostic models. Russian Dental Journal. 2009, no.6: 43—44 (In Russian).
2. Yuris O.V. Comparative effectiveness of methods for diagnosing occlusive relationships. Medical news. 2015, no.12: 55—57 (In Russian).
3. Shemonaev V.I., Klimova T.N., Osokin A.V., Maloletkova A.A., Shkarin V.V. Complex approach in the treatment of patients with occlusive disorders of the dentition. Modern orthopedic dentistry. 2011, no.16: 16—20 (In Russian).
4. Kerstein R.B. Incorrect interpretation of marks from articulation paper and the technology of computerized occlusion analysis. Dental Tribune. 2008, no.4: 24—34 (In Russian).
5. L.A. Mamedova, A.V. Osipov, A.B. Smotrovaya. Analysis of occlusal contacts during the restoration of chewing teeth using the T-Scan computer program. Stomatology for all / International Dental Review. 2009, no.2(47): 22—25 (In Russian).